– Kohlrabi may look like a root vegetable, but it is in fact part of the cabbage family, literally translating as ‘cabbage turnip’.
– They have a beautiful light, sweet flavour that compares to a mild turnip or broccoli stem.
– The texture is juicy yet crisp and crunchy and will make a wonderful addition to stir-fries and salads.
– They are extremely versatile so well worth a try – delicious steamed, boiled, baked or even grated.
Take it further
– Simply dressed in a lemon vinaigrette or tossed with finely chopped red onions and capers.
– The leaves are also delicious in soups and stews or fried with garlic and chilli.
Natoora’s radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
– We are revolutionising the food system.
– We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
– We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin