- The traditional Japanese noodle.
- Contains wheat & buckwheat.
- 1 packet contains 3 bundles as a suggested serving amount.
- Delicious in soups, stir fries or a lightly seasoned accompaniment.
- Cooks in under 8 minutes.
These soba noodles are the traditionally-made ones, with around 60% wheat flour to 40% buckwheat flour. Soba noodles are the most popular noodles in Japan, and are served in a wide variety of dishes including soup-based and plate-based dishes. They are greyish-brown in colour.
These noodles cook in around 5 minutes. The pack is divided into 3 ribbon-tied servings for extra convenience. As with many of the better Japanese noodles, soba noodles have a distinct flavour of their own, but also absorb the flavour of the ingredients around them.
For those who are avoiding wheat, we also have the pack of wheat-free soba noodles from the same manufacturer.
Wheat flour* (52%), buckwheat flour* (35%), water, sea salt.